7 August 2018
Dutch Single and Para-driving teams announced World ChampionshipsTeam Coach Ad Aarts announced today the drivers which will be representing The Netherlands for the World Championships for Single Horses and Para-Driving. Both World Championships will be held 28 August to 2 September in Kronenberg, NL.
Saskia Siebers will defend her bronze medal from the 2016 World Championships in Piber.
Photo: Inge Tijhof
Ad Aarts is looking positively at this ‘home competition’. “We have two strong teams, who both have a chance at team and individual medals. There will be 85 single horses starting at the World Championships so our drivers will have to do their best, but the potential is definitely there. Para-driving has really developed in our country and the drivers have benefitted from incentives such as the KNHS-Witte Van Moort Para Men Trophy which give them the chance to compete at larger competitions and learn from their experiences.”
The competition for the World Titles will be taking place at the beautiful Grandorse event centre in Kronenberg. The show will start on Wednesday.
* Saskia Siebers (Maarheeze)
* Anniek Schuiling (Herveld)
* Frank van der Doelen (Nuland)
* Frank van der Vegt (Hoogeloon)
* Eline Houterman (Horst / Meterik)
* Joop Gommers (Dreumel)
* Rudolf Pestman (Eext)
* Ans van der Velden (Uden)
The above names are in random order, and team coach Ad Aarts will announce the team members at a later date.
Francisca den Elzen will defend her Grade II title
Photo: Bianca Douwes
* Wednesday 29 August Dressuur para-driving
* Thursday 30 August Dressage single horse
* Friday 31 August Dressage single horse
* Saturday 1 September Marathon Single & Para
* Sunday 2 September Cones Single & Para