13 december 2008
Geneva: Sandmann smartest in Top Score competitionChristoph Sandmann has won the extra competition this evening in Geneva. The team silver medallist of Beesd was the last starter in today’s Top Score competition, which did not count for the World Cup. In contrary to Fridaynight, a large number of spectators enjoyed exciting driving sport this evening thanks to the music which brought atmosphere in the Palexpo.
Sandmann drove smart routes and managed to score the highest number of points within the time allowed of 120 seconds. Switzerland’s Werner Ulrich came second, ahead of Jozsef Dobrovitz, Boyd Exell and Thibault Coudry. Daniel Würgler was well on his way but knocked the Joker over in the last seconds, which cost him his chances for a second place and made him come sixth.
Results Top Score competition:
1. Christoph Sandmann (Ger) 1870/123,85
2. Werner Ulrich (Sui) 1640/128,55
3. Jozsef Dobrovitz (Hun) 1520/131,57
4. Boyd Exell (Aus) 1470/125,28
5. Thibault Coudry (Fra) 1450/126,74
6. Daniel Würgler (Sui) 1440/143,06